Wave Bye-bye To Single Use Plastic: Make Your Own Beeswax Wraps
Often it's too dirty with food, and likely to jam recycling machines due to its malleable properties.
So why not kill two birds with one stone: use up your scrap backlog, and save the earth!
- Fabric Scraps
- Ironing Board/Towel
- Greaseproof Paper
- Cut fabric to your desired size (We recommend a fat quarter)
- Either overlock, or use zig zag scissors to stop the edges fraying
- Place fabric on top of greaseproof paper on your ironing board/towel
- Grate beeswax onto the fabric
- Cover with greaseproof paper
- Iron, spreading the beeswax evenly to coat the fabric
- Enjoy your plastic-free life!
For more detail, follow the images below or check out the in-depth tutorial in our Instagram Story Highlights.